We are a family and general dental practice
and treat patients of all ages, starting very young to the senior members of our community.
General dentistry deals with developing a customized dental hygiene plan that incorporates dental examination, tooth cleaning, tooth scaling, X-rays and use of other diagnostic equipment to prevent, uncover or treat problems as early as possible.
We incorporate a variety of restorative procedures in the development of a comprehensive treatment plan that will help prevent decay or disease of the teeth, mouth, gums and tongue. General dentists also use restorative dentistry procedures to repair the effects of tooth decay, trauma, defect or disease in these areas of the mouth.
In terms of treatments, you will find that your general dentist will offer some or all of the following:
- Fillings: teeth can be filled with a variety of materials which include gold, amalgam, mercury, porcelain and composite resin.
- Crowns: these are artificial teeth or ‘caps’ which can be fitted over broken or damaged teeth. These will maintain their structure and protect them from further damage.
- Bridge: this is a structure which contains an artificial tooth or ‘pontic’ which is anchored to a couple of crowns. These crowns fit over the natural teeth on either side of a gap which help to secure the false tooth in place and so ensure a natural looking appearance.
- Root canal treatment: this procedure is carried when the tissue or ‘pulp’ within a tooth becomes infected.
- Dentures: these are basically a set of false teeth. If you have quite a few teeth missing, as a result of an accident or disease then dentures can help. They are removable false teeth which look and behave in much the same way as natural teeth.
- Dental cleaning: this can take the form of a ‘scale & polish’ or advice on brushing and flossing.
- Bonding: this is the name given to the procedure in which a type of resin is used as a ‘glue’ to stick a material, such as a veneer to a tooth. Often used to treat stained or damaged teeth.
- Oral (mouth) and Maxillofacial treatments: this is the technical term used to describe procedures for the mouth, face and jaw. Includes dental implants and treatment for temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ).
For more family and general dentist services, please check underneath.